Each month we take a limited number of custom orders. If you wish to order a custom-made knife from us, please read the terms and conditions outlined below.
- Lead times are typically 4-6 weeks (extended during busy periods)
- Prior to ordering, please consider carefully and decide on the details as much as possible:
- Blade Profile & length (e.g. Bunka 165mm)
- Blade geometry (e.g. S-grind, or convex etc)
- Steel choice (e.g. Carbon core San mai)
- Handle material (e.g. Natural or dyed wood, copper or brass bolster; micarta)
- Any engraving or extra features
- Finishes (e.g. Raw, forged scale, hand rubbed satin, ceramic coating etc)
Please remember that we are a 2-person operation and therefore our time is limited. We are happy to guide you through a build but we appreciate your consideration in having a general idea of what you want prior to ordering.
You may not know some of the details and that's fine, we are happy to guide you. For example: you may not know what blade shape (petty, bunka, nakiri, gyuto etc) and length you want. If you tell us what you want to do with the knife and how you like to use it, we can guide you. Basically, the more info you can provide us the better.
- You can find examples of previous custom builds on our Instagram profile @scheepersbuilt
- When you have decided on details of your custom build, please contact us via email: Scheepers.firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your preferences as above. This becomes the start of us working with you to finalize the details of your build. Once we're both satisfied, you will get a quote which you will need to accept before we proceed. Typically we take a $100-$200 deposit prior to the build; the remainder is paid when the build is complete.
- Refunds are possible during extenuating circumstances, but as stated above, please be considerate regarding our time.
Luke & Danae